Why is it that coming back from vacation always means that “crazy dial” gets cranked up to full volume?
- MsJ dropped some big news a few days after we got back from vacation. Her pregnancy isn’t going the way she expected. Why? TWINS people. She’s pregnant with TWINS. Yes, it took me a while to process that too. When I talked to her, she still hadn’t told her boyfriend about it. She is feeling constantly sick, and isn’t happy about that. She also mentioned several times that things aren’t going well with her relationship with her boy friend. Sigh…
- Cadet’s therapies have doubled. He now has a therapy appointment or school every day of the week. Wait, now that I think about it, he has a therapy appointment every day of the week, except Monday. Full calendar.
- Everyone at school and all of his therapists agree that Cadet is much more relaxed and happy than they have ever seen him. He’s laughing more, smiling more, and trying to learn new things. He’s also eating like a mad man! I can’t get enough food into him!
- McRuger and I have been having a few “off” days of late. Not sure what the catalyst was, but we’ve been working through them. I think we’ve both been so busy that we forgot to make room for each other.
- It seems like fall is just around the corner here! YAY!!
- Cadet’s 2nd birthday is Friday. With his SPD stuff, having a big party was out of the question. So, we’re going to Ethiopian food with some friends and taking Cadet to the zoo (since he loved the one in Boise sooooo much). He will get a book (or two), the trip to the zoo, and we’re buying him a hammock swing for sensory regulation. I have a few friends who think we’re not “doing enough” for his birthday. They just don’t get that Cadet can go from “normal” to “over stimulated” in a matter of seconds. Having a big “to do” for his birthday just means he’d spend the next several days trying to regulate himself. So, we’re sticking to simple pleasures that will bring Cadet some happiness. Because a birthday party is about him, right?!?
- I’ve been doing some writing at night (I probably should be sleeping), and it feels good!
- My laundry is piled up and I need to get to work on it!
How is everyone doing out there? Hope all is well!!